Please be aware of the following:
- There have been incidents locally of children being groomed through snapchat and an online platform called omegle. There have been 3 cases reported and they appear to have connections to others in their school and other schools. Police and social services are involved.
- There has been a local incident with a hack on the game Roblox. It appears that players are invited to open a gift which is a camera. This then takes a photo and is then shared with other users. This has also involved a child potentially being groomed. Police are involved.
Online Safety at School
On-line Safety at SchoolI will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet
- I will not give my home address or telephone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I do not like
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.
At Grade-Ruan C of E School, the children use laptops and have controlled access to the internet to help their learning. We use the following rules to keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will only access the system with my own login and password, which I will keep secret
- I will not access other people's files
- I will only use the computers for school work and homework